Thursday 22 January 2015

UK Road Accidents v3 - The Horizontal Scroll!

A few months back I started up a little bit of a project with a pretty hefty data set on the data.gov.uk site. The data relates to all recorded Road Traffic Accidents in Mainland Britain from 2005 to 2013. That's a heck of a lot of records, and Tableau Public 'only' allows for 1 Million. I decided to go from 2010 onwards to get a smaller, yet sizeable sample of data to experiment with Tableau Public and push some (of my) limits.

I hadn't really looked at it for a while until I saw a bit of a Twitter exchange between two immensely talented Vizzers (is that the right word?):

And that set me thinking half jokingly about scrolling the other way. The next tweet sealed the deal for me though:

Now  I had the image of the user scrolling through a viz by swiping across - and that brought me back to the Road Traffic dataset, perfect! The viz is below, decided against restricting the Tableau embed width as you need to go off screen to scroll otherwise.

Anyways, less fluff, more viz:



No comments:

Post a Comment