Monday 1 September 2014

Road Accidents in the UK: Version 1

I've imaginatively named this post Version 1 as I kind of thought it may be interesting to show you how a viz comes to be, from the initial idea through to the finished article. I'm maybe setting myself up for failure here as I don't yet have the finished article, just the idea itself. The first iteration, or version, is this one. It's simply a map of the UK showing where all recorded road accidents have occurred from 2009 through to 2013.

The map itself is striking, but hopefully over the next few iterations I can take it to another level and give more and more insight. My thinking is, this should be an exploration viz. One where the user decides what, if anything, they take away from it. You'll also notice it's quite big, maybe one of the future iterations will cut that down a bit! Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment