Thursday 20 February 2014

UK Repossessions: 2000 - 2013 Q1

Ok, so here's my first Public Tableau Viz and it's using data taken from the Ministry of Justice looking at Court Level figures for English & Welsh Mortgage Repossessions from 2000 through to Quarter 1 of 2013.

I've been using Tableau since December 2012, and within days it became clear just how powerful a tool this could be. This Viz is pretty basic, I'm hoping that this blog will track my Tableau Journey and we'll see some much more advanced stuff as time goes by.

Anyway, the trends here are pretty clear: 2008 and 2009 were big years for repossessions in the UK no doubt due to the global economic crisis. It is encouraging though that 2012 repossessions actually dipped below that of 2007. Green shoots of recovery, or is there something else at play?


Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas for future visualisations or if you have tips to maybe make this one better drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment